Monday 4 November 2013

GRAPHICS PATHWAY - PROJECT 2: FINAL FILM & POSTER


On the last day of the project we began to finish filming the different scenes and complete the editing process in time for the viewing in the afternoon. We used iMovie to edit and produce the film which was quite a straight forward process. We followed a monotone theme throughout the film and also made it silent with no sound or background music purely because all the other groups used sound so we wanted to try something different. This I thought worked well in the end. We experimented with captions and the text as this was requirement of the film, often the chosen fonts were a reflection of the character used in that particular scene.

Below is an image of my final completed A3 poster in support of the short film. I wanted to experiment with black and white mainly because it is quite an obvious contrast, however I included some juxtaposition of font and text also. Obviously on the left side the black text is on white background however everything on the left side is in upper case and in bold. Whereas everything on the right is the opposite. white text on a black background in lower case and standard weight.

Overall, I thought this week was quite a challenge, I enjoyed making the poster but personally I find film making very difficult and time consuming, especially in medium sized groups. Often I found there were too many ideas put forward which caused some confusion and indecision. I was pleased with our final outcome though and it represented our vision well however there were a lot of aspects that couldn't be included due to a lack of time, expertise in this particular field and equipment. 

My final completed A3 poster on the word 'Juxtaposition'

Images and film - Author's Own 01/11/12

No comments:

Post a Comment