Thursday 17 April 2014

FMP - WEEK 2: FURTHER RESEARCH

This week of the FMP consisted mainly of library research, I rented out three design books on logo design, commercial art and colour graphics. All of which were very useful. I scanned a few pages and pasted them in my sketchbook to refer throughout my design process. The books provided me with a lot of information on commercial art the basics of logo design. I enjoyed researching the typography and colour combinations. All this will come in handy when I start to generate ideas for my record label logo and then brand it.

I focused on the typography and the colour mainly and made some of my own observations, sketches and analysis of what works and what is less effective. I felt this helped me a lot and allowed me to extract information from the research rather than just have it in my sketchbook on its own without any notes.





At this stage of the project, I feel I need to start making things happen now in terms of naming the brand, generating ideas and trying to work on final outcomes. My research has been thorough but I need to start making something of it and now is the time otherwise I may fall back a bit. I don't feel worried about it, I just now that I need to increase my work output slightly to make the most of the time. I have allocated some major decisions to make over the Easter break such as the name of the record label, the genre of music and its vision/motif. Once I have decided these, it will kick-start the idea generation and son on.

Images - Author's Own 16/04/14

No comments:

Post a Comment