Saturday 26 April 2014

FMP - WEEK 4: LOGO DESIGN

Throughout the course of this week I have began to draft out some rough logo designs for my record label. I have made a few sketches and trials in Photoshop/Illustrator to give me an idea of works well and what doesn't. I plan to ask my peers and tutors what designs they prefer in my coming crit which will help me to finalise the design. I liked the idea of playing with perspective and using the 'skew' tool in Photoshop to adjust the perspective and viewpoint to create something that is seemingly 2D but in fact 3 dimensional. I looked at using shapes such as cubes and rectangular prisms to, in theory, create a multi-perspective logo. 


I have also been playing around with and trialing various different typefaces that I may potentially use in the logo. There are many different styles of font to choose front from, from websites such as DaFont. A 3 dimensional logo is more interesting than a flat logo in my opinion although I will no doubt experiment with both styles. For now though I think I need to complete the logo drafts and pick a final design by the end of this week to give me enough time to do all the things I need to do. I still need apply the brand identity onto t-shirts, CD covers and album covers to present in the exhibition as part of my final outcome.




I decided to stick with the cube design and the name 'WIP Records' as I received some positive feedback from my peers in the review session. The name was praised however there is an existing WIP Records in Spain although I feel that my whole idea and brand concept is different. I may have to alter this at a later stage but I think I will continue on with this idea as I think it has potential and time is running out.

At this stage of the project (just over halfway) with three weeks left, I would say that I am slightly behind schedule but not to such an extent that I would fall too far behind with the workload. With some hard work over this coming weekend and in the following weeks, I think things will start to come together.

Images - Author's Own 25/04/14

No comments:

Post a Comment