Thursday 3 April 2014

FMP - WEEK 1: RECORD COMPANY CASE STUDIES

Following my visit to the various different record shops around London and the various different logo studies I made, I decided to do three record label case studies looking into the history, culture and creative background of these labels as part of my research. I chose three labels that were similar in musical genre to where I want to take my own label which were: Motown Records (Soul/R&B), BBE Records (Hip-Hop/Dance) and Blue Note Records (Jazz/Soul). I highlighted their history and in particular, the evolution, development and origin of their logo design and branding as this is what I am specifically interested in. I researched the designers that created the face of these labels which includes the logo design, album cover art and some aspects of photography which might of be of interest to investigate more for my own personal use. 





I discovered a lot and feel it was a valuable exercise to inform me of the things I need to consider such as the audience, the vision/motif of the brand and the name of the label throughout my design process.

Images - Author's Own 28/03/14

No comments:

Post a Comment