Tuesday 13 May 2014

FMP - WEEK 6: CD SLEEVES



After completing the sleeve nets on Illustrator I went to print them out onto A4 matt paper which initially I had technical issues with which was frustrating as it halted my progress however I was recently able to print out the nets and these are the final finished outcomes of which I am pleased with. The idea of having something physical to hold and feel gives the brand life and puts the record label into context in addition the matt print finish I feel looks better and is more practical than a semi-gloss finish. To construct the sleeves I used a craft knife and steel rule to achieve straight and clean edges. For the adhesive I used double sided tape in place of a traditional glue stick as this can often be messy, look unprofessional and lack strength. The tape was perfect for this task and gave the sleeves a nice feel. I am pleased with the design application and the use of colour although these colour schemes can easily be edited however I wanted to use the original colour palette I choose earlier on. I used blank CDs to fill the sleeves to give a realistic feel and appearance. These will probably be photographed for the final exhibition or perhaps displayed alongside the main board. Overall, this process worked out better than expected as I thought that the paper maybe too thin and flimsy however in reality it worked out fine and backed my initial decision against using thicker paper or even card as this probably wouldn't have worked. Another outcome to display alongside my t-shirt and logo design.

















Images - Author's Own 13/05/14

No comments:

Post a Comment